[syslinux] Useful Info about Dell latitude E5510

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:53:27 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:19, Cockburn, Beau
<beau.cockburn at st-clair.net> wrote:
> Hi H. Peter Anvin,
>
> I wanted to thank you for sharing information about PXE, I have used
> this a lot and I wanted to share something that may be important for you
> and your readers.

I think feedback, especially when a feature is new or there is a
suspected bug, is always appriciated.

> I have many different Dell model, they all worked well with PXE booting
> however not for E5510. I noticed that using "LocalBoot -1 or 0" doesn't
> work well. What I did use for Latitude E5510 (Bios A06) was same to
> "LOCALBOOT on IBM x3850 X5"
>
> COM32 Chain.c32
> Append hd0 0
>
> Not "Append hd0"

Does this mean you tried just "APPEND hd0" and it failed or you never
tested this scenario?  The two are supposed to be equivalent.  If you
tested "APPEND hd0" and it didn't work, this is probably a bug.

> It works and boots to local disk without any problems.

That's good to know.

--
-Gene