[syslinux] stdin is not a PNM file at/usr/bin/ppmtolss16line 214

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:09:41 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 05:17, Ferenc Wagner <wferi at niif.hu> wrote:
> Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:38, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also bear in mind the allowable filename rules for the variant in use.
>>> SYSLINUX will only ever see the 8.3 DOS names on FAT file systems
>>
>> I stand corrected.  SYSLINUX will see the vfat names.
>
> Thanks for doing the research and updating the wiki with detailed info!

You're welcome.  It probably still needs more work but I tried to
emphasize the essential details accurately while leaving some of it
more open-ended with additional links for more information.  For
example, I didn't show the entire FAT character set but showed the
most commonly used characters, especially with regards to common
circumstances (the common usage of ~# with short names when a long
name is present) and cross-variant compatibility.

> --
> Regards,
> Feri.

-Gene

"No one ever says, 'I can't read that ASCII(plain text) e-mail you sent me.'"