[syslinux] stdin is not a PNM file at /usr/bin/ppmtolss16line 214

MONDON Daniel Daniel.MONDON at lpgtechnologies.com
Wed Sep 29 00:16:12 PDT 2010

-----Message d'origine-----
De : syslinux-bounces at zytor.com [mailto:syslinux-bounces at zytor.com] De la part de Geert Stappers
Envoyé : mardi 28 septembre 2010 22:05
À : syslinux at zytor.com
Objet : Re: [syslinux] stdin is not a PNM file at /usr/bin/ppmtolss16line 214

Op 20100928 om 18:19 schreef MONDON Daniel:
> I've done a 640x480 image with GIMP.
>
> I've save it (export) to the .ppm image type.
>
> When I use ppmtolss16, I've got the error: stdin is not a PNM file at /usr/bin/ppmtolss16 line 214.
>
> The ppmtolss16 script I'm using is from 2008.
>
> Am I doing a mistake?

Things to do beter:

* show the command line that you used
* tell how you verified that there are not more then 16 colors in the .ppm
* convince us that the .ppm is actual a .ppm file
* have a subject line that matches the message body
* start a new E-mail thread at a logic point
* please, pretty please, reply BELOW the text

Stappers

:)

I've try a few command. With or without any argument (in this case, I write the input file name after).
--> sudo ppmtolss16 ~/tst.ppm ~/tst.lss16
Result:
/usr/bin/ppmtolss16: unknown argument: /home/xxx/tst.ppm
/usr/bin/ppmtolss16: unknown argument: /home/xxx/tst.lss16

And then, I have the msg :
/usr/bin/ppmtolss16: stdin is not a PNM file at /usr/bin/ppmtolss16 line 214

The file is created with gimp and exported in ppm format.
It is only in black and white colours.

The file is starting with
P6
# CREATOR: GIMP PNM Filter Version 1.1