[syslinux] HDT 0.5.0 is out

Jim Cromie jim.cromie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:45:13 PDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Bernd Blaauw <bblaauw at home.nl> wrote:
> Op 21-4-2011 22:12, Erwan Velu schreef:
>>
>> Just a quick note to tell that I did release HDT 0.5.0.
>
> nice, tested the diskette image of 0.5.0 (released with a codename of "Van
> de Keizer" or something like that).
>
> I'm just wondering if this was tested on VmWare platforms though. The
> Workstation 7.1.4 (Windows, x64) software doesn't like your VESA modes from
> the Syslinux menu in a DOS virtual machine.
> Textmode runs happily on a 4MB RAM virtual machine though I'm not sure of
> minimum required processor and chipset features like DMI and PCI.
> For example, an old version of the Java PC emulator (
> http://jpc.sourceforge.net/download_oldsite.html ) makes your program hang
> citing no DMI Tables found.

how long did you wait ?
Pre 5.0, I found it took 4.5 min to fail to identify my CPU,
Erwan added my patch, and improved cpu-detect code
for when CPU is unknown, but there could be a corner case,
and virtual CPUs are near the corners.
My board/bios has no DMI, so hang occurred right after that report.