[syslinux] MEMDISK issue with OptiPlex GX280,620

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Mon Jan 24 20:53:29 PST 2011

On 1/24/2011 19:48, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I think the only way this can happen is if probe_drive() is broken.  It
> would be useful to put some debugging messages in dskprobe.c (or at
> least enable DBG_DSKPROBE) and see what is going on there.

Actually, we did at one point.  I'm in the process of looking at
dskprobe.c right now.  I've got a tiny commit that would probably take <
1.5 minutes to review and merge in my 'memdskprobe' branch on your server.

http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/sha0/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=13101c28a48c226bdb25b27278014e84ee9f0874

Other than that trivial piece, I've split the three types of probe,
0x08, 0x15, 0x41, so each can yield more specific detail relevant to the
results for the particular sub-function.  No commits for that stuff just
yet, but perhaps tomorrow.

I also noticed that BX is not being set in the AH == 0x41 probe.  Hmmm...

- Shao Miller