[syslinux] Want to have a menu boot system

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed May 18 13:50:06 PDT 2011

I would like to have a SINGLE thumb-drive that would let me boot the following:

DOS - various flavors for flashing BIOS (need to be able to update the image with bios files)
breakin
debian install - various flavors
knoppix
Hitachi Drive Fitness Test
Seagate SeaTools
SystemRescueCD
Memtest86
burnin

Sometimes there is no network connection, but it would be nice to be able to chain boot into
PXELINUX and have a menu there as well.

The ability to copy any sort of boot image as a file to boot and have a simple config file as the
only thing to update.

I once made a key to boot debian installer with syslinux - I think updating only requires changin
the iso image. ( I was able to duplicate this key easily (but slowly) with a dd copy ).

Seems likely that someone has already crafted such a device - wondering if someone has such a key
(minus the images) that I could borrow a gzipped dd copy image?  Or at least point me in the right
direction to spend my limited time building my own.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Never ruin an apology with an excuse.