[syslinux] Some bugs on gfxboot.c32

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Thu Nov 3 15:01:23 PDT 2011

Erwan Velu wrote:
> Le 03/11/2011 00:43, Sebastian Herbszt a écrit :
>> I just tested the following config and it works as expected (both menu entries
>> shown):
>>
>> UI com32r/gfxboot.c32 bootlogo438
>> label mga32
>> kernel vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-31-default
>> label mga64
>> kernel vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-31-default
>
> I did some other tries and it still fails :/
> I tried this exact setup and it fails too.
> I've been uploading an very small iso that shows the problem : http://pubz.free.fr/mga.iso
> I really wonder what make it fails.
> Note that I've been testing this setups under kvm & virtualbox. I don't know if you tested on a real HW.

I tested this iso with Bochs (64-bit) and gfxboot displays the labels
mga32
trentedeux

but isolinux detected the following labels:
mga32
trentedeux
64

I was able to reproduce this problem with pxelinux.
If i replace your "message" file with a different [1] gfxboot displays
all three labels (mga32, trentedeux, 64).

[1] http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/boot/i386/loader/bootlogo

Sebastian