[syslinux] Strange behavior

Roy Marantz roy.marantz at vonage.com
Wed Nov 16 13:36:36 PST 2011

I just tried it using syslinux 4.04 on a physical machine and everything
worked reliably.  So I would conclude that there is some race condition
between vCenter 4.10  and SYSLINUX 4.04.  How close is SYSLINUX 4.10 to
being available or is there any plan to backport that patch to SYSLINUX
4.04?

BTW, I was still seeing requests for menu.c32.{cbt,com,c32}.  I did "ln -s
menu.c32 menu.c32.c32" to work around that.

I can write up my setup in detail if you guys want some documentation.  I
made some small changes to dhcpd.conf, apache2 conf, and a custom perl cgi
script to hack a pxelinux/menu config.
Thanks.
Roy