[syslinux] localboot in pxelinux recurses back into pxelinux then eventually crashes

Vanush Misha Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Tue Nov 22 01:41:47 PST 2011

hi Gene,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:26:08 -0500 Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 05:54, Vanush Misha <misha at cs.nuim.ie> wrote:
> > I did some more investigation: for me the "infinite loop" starts
> > when I move from version 3.84 to 3.85 (and not between 3.82 and
> > 3.83 as reported by Denie Andriessen). Are pre-releases of 3.85
> > available anywhere for download?
> >
> > What other debugging steps can I take to narrow this problem down?
> >
> > Misha.
> >

> Any chance you could try 4.04 or the current 4.05-pre release
> (currently 4.05-pre6;
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/4.05/ )?
> It comes precompiled so you only need to temporarily replace
> pxelinux.0 and the modules you use.

I can confirm that both 4.04 and 4-05-pre6 loop back to initializing
network card and retrievint pxeboot.0 from tftp server again after
showing "Booting from local disk, PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. "
lines. Will go through 3.85 pre-releases later today.

Misha

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
Senior Technical Officer