[syslinux] Building syslinux 4.04 on a 32bit system

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 08:24:36 PST 2011

On Nov 26, 2011 5:13 AM, "Gilles Espinasse" <g.esp at free.fr> wrote:
> [...]

Per, your broken toolchain is a main reason why this is the
recommendation.  Rebuilding can produce unpredictable results.

> On a 32bits system, it was working for me with 4.0.4-pre1{3,4} (which were
> precompiled by a broken compiler) to compile again ldlinux.asm using make
> spotless && make
> I have actually no reason to recompile final 4.0.4 ldlinux.asm.
>
> Gilles

The only reason I personally don't use the precompiled binaries is if I
testing something specific.  Even on USB flash drives that only I use, I
still use the official ones.

On Nov 26, 2011 3:57 AM, "Per Jessen" <per at computer.org> wrote:
> ./mk-lba-img is a 64bit executable, presumably left by a previous build.

I fixed my error with a Perl script instead of native binary and that fix
is in 4.05-pre1 and newer.

--
-Gene