[syslinux] Using Linux as bootloader

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Sun Oct 30 00:54:01 PDT 2011

Op 30-10-2011 7:38, Michael Chang schreef:
> Perhaps you will be interested in taking a look at this project.
> http://kboot.sourceforge.net/

I wouldn't mind if there was some tiny Linux-based initrd with
afterwards booting any OS that syslinux also can boot. For example my
Asus (Striker Extreme) board/BIOS tends to initialise USB speed to 1.1
mode (25 seconds to load 10MB), even if the entire chain is 2.0 (20MB/s
in Windows file transfer). MEMDISK an ISO just isn't fun at below 1MB/s.

Didn't have much luck with PLoP bootloader, which can set to 2.0