[syslinux] Status of EFI support?

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Apr 17 00:21:23 PDT 2012

Hello,

now that 5.00pre is out, is there any timeline or rough estimate when
stable EFI support can be expected? I'm one of the authors of a live CD
project which we'd really like to make usable on Macs which only have
EFI support (without BootCamp). Most other EFI-capable machines I've
seen so far also have a BIOS emulation, but I expect things to change
with upcoming Windows 8 "certified" machines.

We're currently using syslinux as the boot loader, and if there is any
chance EFI support will become available sometime this year, I'd rather
not dig into switching to GRUB or making some kind of dual-boot-loader
stuff like Ubuntu currently does.

Thanks,
Andreas

P.S.: I have some EFI machines and a MacbookPro at hand, so I'd be
willing to do some testing if it helps...