[syslinux] 5.00pre12 cat.c32 display

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Mon Dec 3 06:12:05 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 16:51 +0200, Ady wrote:
> Tested again, this time using real hardware (UFD).

Please send me, as attachments, the config files that allow you to
reproduce your cat.c32 bug. Do not paste them in email. I'm wondering
whether the bug has something to do with DOS line endings.

> Version 4.06 in real HW behaves _exactly_ as described before under
> VM. Version 5.00pre12 behaves worse than before: I get to the boot
> prompt, but my keyboard doesn't react at all.

Can you see any characters that you type? e.g. are they echo'd to the
screen?

> In addition, I still have problems booting some ISO images with
> 5.00-pre12 (while they boot with 4.06 correctly).

Please describe fully the issues you are having. Preferably in a new
email.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center