[syslinux] Setting up syslinux 5.00

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Dec 10 05:21:37 PST 2012

On 10 Dec 2012 at 14:44, Ady wrote:

From:           	Ady <ady-sf at hotmail.com>
To:             	syslinux at zytor.com
Date sent:      	Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:44:19 +0200
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] Setting up syslinux 5.00

> > Have been using syslinux for some time for my g4l project, and was
> > just looking at the new 5.00. Normally have just copied the new
> > files, but with version 5.00 it is missing the support files
> > according to ldd, and even putting the missing files in the
> > directory failes to find them. ../../com32/...
> >

> > Script to copy files from new syslinux directory to the projects
> > isolinux directory that is the root of the boot cd.
> >
> > cp ./core/isolinux.bin                         /isolinux/
> > cp ./com32/cmenu/display.c32         /isolinux/
> > cp ./com32/modules/cat.c32            /isolinux/
> > cp ./com32/modules/reboot.c32       /isolinux/
> > cp ./com32/menu/menu.c32            /isolinux/
> > cp ./com32/menu/vesamenu.c32    /isolinux/
> > cp ./com32/hdt/hdt.c32                   /isolinux/
> > cp ./linux/syslinux                           /isolinux/
> > cp ./dos/syslinux.com                     /isolinux/
> > cp ./win32/syslinux.exe                  /isolinux/
> >
> > Not sure how to resolve the issue?
> >

> Read the release announcement email
> http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-December/018726.html and the
> whole email thread, already talking about dependencies.

I had seen and read that, but checked it again. I have now
relooked at all the files in the directory, and see some references
to path, but no information on what one one would do to set it up.

I also recall messages that something about the it was suppose to
look in the current directory files, but it doesn't seem to do that in
testing.

I also recall past messages where it was recommended to use the
package as it was released rather than recompiling it. But these
seems to say something needs to be modified, and things need to
be rebuilt to use.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        13406659.459503   |   EINSTEIN     9297356.219852
ROSETTA      5534294.306572   |   ABC         15574197.799298