[syslinux] pxelinux: unable to boot from local disk

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Mon Dec 10 06:47:57 PST 2012

Hello,

on a somewhat recent machine (Dell T1600) I'm unable to use my usual setup
(pxelinux as a boatloader also for local OS - typically windows). The BIOS
is capable of using UEFI, but this is turned off.

Unfortunately all I get is a message telling me that pxelinux is unable to
boot from local disk.

The config entry looks like this:

LABEL local
MENU LABEL OS installed on local disk
LOCALBOOT 0

I'm using pxelinux 5.0

Regards

Sven

--
AMZN US won't let me buy MP3s b/c I have UK credit cards. Amazon UK won't
let me buy MP3s b/c I'm in the US. P2P doesn't care. Go copyright!