[syslinux] PXELINUX Lua bindings for DHCP in future release?

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Thu Jan 5 04:23:00 PST 2012

Hi,

for similar reasons we use a combination of pxelinux and iPXE (ipxe.org).
ipxe has no menu system, but allows one to write scripts with this kind of
information. Therefore human interaction PXE boots mostly go to pxelinux
and menu.c32 and fully automated boots go to ipxe scripts in some places.

Thats the nice part of open source - mix and match :-)

Thanks a lot for your post, so far I was not aware of the lua.c32 module at
all!

Regards,
Schlomo