[syslinux] hi how to creat pxe support thin clinet in linux

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 06:16:47 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 23:13, jignesh jani <kiljirgroup at gmail.com> wrote:
> i had  rtl 8139d lan card in this l;an card pxe boot is avilable how colud
> i do for the linux boot in suse or how colud i creat pxe server on suse or
> any linux
> pls
> i am new person in this  field  thanking you

The basics are:
- Use DHCP
- Install a tftpd somewhere reachable
- Configure the dhcpd to hand out a PXELINUX binary (pxelinux.0 or
gpxelinux.0 for example) and to point to the tftpd for next-server if
it's not on the same machine as the dhcpd.
- Copy the PXELINUX binary to the tftpd
- Copy a kernel/initrd that are ready for PXE boot (or can be
configured to be such via command line options)
- Create a simple Syslinux config on the tftpd (doc/syslinux.txt for
its format; doc/pxelinux.txt for its name)

You might also find http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX
useful to read.  There are more complex setups possible but I'd advise
starting simple like this first.

--
-Gene