[syslinux] Syslinux 5.00-pre6: call it a beta

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Tue Jul 3 20:12:00 PDT 2012

Hallo, Dag,

Du meintest am 04.07.12:

>> I think the Syslinux 5.00 branch is now at the point where I believe
>> it it is feature complete and should be able to replace the main
>> Syslinux branch.

> I tried to package 5.00-pre6 on RHEL using the known routine:

>    make clean
>    make installer
>    make install-all

> and I get:

[...]

Perhaps you try Matt Flemings 5.00-pre8 version:

        git://git.zytor.com/users/mfleming/syslinux.git

It solved all my problems compiling and running syslinux 5.00. System:
Slackware-current

My "Build" script:

#! /bin/sh

Prog=syslinux-5.00

make clean
make || exit

Dest=/tmp/$Prog
rm -rf $Dest
mkdir -p $Dest
INSTALLROOT=$Dest make install > installation.log 2>install-err.log
#

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut