[syslinux] Syslinux 5.00-pre6: call it a beta

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Jul 4 00:18:51 PDT 2012

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Helmut Hullen wrote:

> Hallo, Dag,
>
> Du meintest am 04.07.12:
>
>>> I think the Syslinux 5.00 branch is now at the point where I believe
>>> it it is feature complete and should be able to replace the main
>>> Syslinux branch.
>>
>> I tried to package 5.00-pre6 on RHEL using the known routine:
>
> [...]
>
> Perhaps you try Matt Flemings 5.00-pre8 version:
>
>        git://git.zytor.com/users/mfleming/syslinux.git

Right, but I was planning to offer hpa's tree from Repoforge as I have
been doing since ever, and the call for testers was for his tree. So I
prefer if the fixes are applied to hpa's tree so I can retest this tree.

Unless of course Matt's tree is considered the upstream tree for 5.00 ? Is
this the case ?