[syslinux] pxelinux 5.00-pre6 sub menu not working

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sun Jul 8 07:23:55 PDT 2012

Hello Helmut

On 07.07.2012 19:45, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Du meintest am 07.07.12:
>
>>  I just tested my pxelinux installation with 5.00-pre6.
>
> [...]
>
>>  Now it is working and the menu is displayed. Also selecting other
>>  programs out of it do work (e.g. Smart Boot Manager). But
>>  selecting my "Hardware Tools Menu" sub menu does not work and the
>>  main menu is displayed again.
>
> Sounds familiar ...
>
> I've told this problems some days ago, and Matt Fleming had offered a
> bugfixed version:

Thanks, I did now re-read this whole thread. But I did not see
any reference about choosing a sub menu which was not working. I
could fix the initial boot problems from PXE with adding the
mention files. Did you also had the problem with choosing a sub
menu, which is now working with this build from Matt Fleming?

If it does work for you now, then I am confident, that this will
also work in a PXE environment. I will try it out again, when
there is an other 5.00-pre available, as I could switched back to
4.0.5 for my PXE installation very easily.

bye
Fabian