[syslinux] Windows-based SYSLINUX installer v4.06pre11 fails

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 21:59:24 PDT 2012

For v4.06-pre7, the Windows-based SYSLINUX installer works.
For versions 4.06-pre10 and pre11, the Windows-based SYSLINUX installer fails with:
 "invalid media signature (not an FAT/NTFS volume?)"
Under Windows, I tested all those versions on a 1440 floppy image mounted with IMDISK. On the same floppy image, version 4.06-pre7 and older versions indeed work correctly.
The Linux-based SYSLINUX installer of all 4.06-pre7/10/11 versions are working correctly on the same floppy image.
Let me know if you need more specific info.
"Something" changed after 4.06pre7 ( against 4.06pre10 and pre11 ) in the Windows-based SYSLINUX installer that is making it fail.