[syslinux] Problem booting Fujitsu Amilo Xa 2528

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 03:19:10 PDT 2012

On Jun 20, 2012 5:41 AM, "Andreas Heinlein" <aheinlein at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have encountered problems while trying to test our live CD/USB project
on a Fujitsu Amilo Xa 2528. When trying to boot from USB, I get
"isolinux.bin missing or corrupt". I tried various usb drives, all of them
boot just fine on many other machines.

> The image written to the usb drive is a isohybrid image, could that be
the problem? It was created using Syslinux 4.05. Are there known problems
with isohybrid and particular buggy BIOS'/machines?

None that I've heard of.  Are you using the official precompiled binaries
from the binary/source archive on kernel.org?  If not, where did it come
from and could you try these (for a test, run it just after extraction)?

What ISOHYBRID type?  Sounds like HDD style from sector 0.

Have you tried a more typical layout with 4.05 and this machine (DOS
partitioning, first and sole partition, FAT16/FAT32)?  Some BIOSes don't
play nice otherwise.

--Gene