[syslinux] chain.c32 (and partiter) updates v2

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Thu Nov 8 12:51:26 PST 2012

On 2012-11-08 16:43, Shao Miller wrote:

>>> What is the benefit? Less typing?
>>>

>> In essence, yes. And with this approach it's as it was originally in
>> your code. For the record, I'm fine with either approach.
>>

> The union member was named 'private' at that time, if I'm not mistaken.
>   It's 2012, but I still prefer C89, for portability habits. :)  Would
> it be a huge deal to 'git checkout -b feedback && git rebase -i HEAD~23'
> and drop this?  It might be, if it causes you to have to deal with
> conflicts in the subsequent commits.

Ah, the actual field. Indeed it had 'private'. For the record the aim
was not C11, but some long present gcc extensions (and as -pedantic is
not set, I assumed it was ok). There is at least one other non-standard
thingy I used along the way (0b prefixed values). I'll clean that up too.

> I hope it's not a big chore as a rebase.  Else, it can be re-introduced
> if and when that day for APM support comes.

Nah, not a problem. At least not that tiny part. Some other changes I
might set at some feedback/correction commit(s) on top.