[syslinux] submenus and menu title

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:58:44 PDT 2012

Date sent:      	Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:09:44 -0700
From:           	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
To:             	For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa
<syslinux at zytor.com>
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] submenus and menu title

> On 09/16/2012 10:28 AM, Ady wrote:
> >
> > 2._ Menu title in the submenu (submenu title).
> >
> > This characteristic should be improved, and it also needs adequate
> > documentation.
> >

> Could you explain why?  If this has already come up, a pointer is
> fine... I'm way behind on email.
>
> 	-hpa

Well, my previous email of this thread summarizes it all (problem and
solution). See case#4 and case#8. Both cases, currently, result in no
submenu title being displayed, and there is no case at all where the
parent menu title is inherited (as docs state).

I am suggesting an improvement, which also leaves the other 6
(practical) cases intact (backward compatible).

TIA,
Ady.