[syslinux] syslinux6 EFI fail to boot via pxe

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu Jun 27 08:44:58 PDT 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun, at 04:18:04PM, Michael Szerencsits wrote:
> Change hostname to IP address, but same problem.
> Copy the default config to uuid of the system, same problem
> PROMPT 1 -> I see boot: but cannot do anything. If I press a key nothing happen

OK, now that's just weird. You don't see any response whatsoever from
tapping at the keys?

If you set a TIMEOUT, can you run a DEFAULT even though you cannot type?
That's one way to figure out whether the machine is dead at that point
or not. A useful DEFAULT might be reboot.c32, that way even if the bug
is in the display code, you'll still notice your machine rebooting.

This is starting to sound like the core EFI code is hitting some nuance
of your firmware, and it's not handling it correctly.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center