[syslinux] xorriso issue? - Failed to load COM32 file ldlinux.c32

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Mar 22 06:00:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

> Now I did another build of the ISO with xorriso 1.2.8
> instead of 1.2.6 and VMware ISO boot it works again. I just tested with
> syslinux 5.10pre2. Looks strange, seems like I did run into some side
> effects.

I am not aware of any matching bugs which would have been fixed
between 1.2.6 and 1.2.8.

In general, the ISO image only provides some entry points for
the boot firmware. These should be verificable by help of
tools like fdisk, gdisk, xorriso's introspection command
-find ... -exec report_lba, and some binary reading of El Torito
data (see doc/boot_sectors.txt of libisofs or GNU xorriso release
tarball).

dd could be used to extract the boot images resp. partitions
out of the ISO image so that they can be compared with the
original files.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas