[syslinux] ifcpu[64].c32 functions drop to command line

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 22:23:28 PDT 2013

> > On Behalf Of H. Peter Anvin
> >
> > I think the ifcpu problem is pretty clear... and 5.02-pre* won't help narrow
> > down the http problem.  I think we're narrowing in on the problem.
> >
> >       -hpa
>
> Well, it might not narrow down the problem, but 5.02-pre3 does work
> perfectly for me right now. ;) ifcpu.c32 works properly, HTTP booting
> works properly, and the graphical menu loads properly which are all
> things that 5.10-pre2 chokes on for me.

 This is what I meant. The problem seems to be related to "some
change introduced _after_ 5.02-pre3". By "narrow down", I meant it
regarding which version(s) of Syslinux to test (so to look up the
issue over a narrower set of commits).

(Yes, it was already clear that ifcpu was not really the main issue.)

I'm not saying that there is necessarily a bug in Syslinux. Maybe
5.10-pre2 is OK, but just "less tolerant"; I don't know. Whichever
the case, the issue seems to be somehow related to some commit
_after_ 5.02-pre3 (not just "on the user's side"), and this is the
kind of observation I was looking for with my previous suggestion. If
this was already clear before my suggestion, I apologize for wasting
anyone's time.

Regards,
Ady.