[syslinux] Booting legacy Linux kernel in EFI mode

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 23:34:06 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Celelibi <celelibi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And (a bit out of scope) if I get my old kernel to boot in EFI mode,
>> will the driver efivars have access to the EFI variables? Or does the
>> kernel need to be recompiled specially for EFI?
>
> Doubtful.  Yes (although I think most EFI kernels I've seen will
> function for both).

    Just to be clear, it requires enabling of `CONFIG_EFI_STUB`
configuration variable right?

    Because although I'm using one of the pre-release versions of
`6.02` which should support x32 kernel loading (with x64 UEFI) it
still doesn't work for me.  (Although I haven't fiddle too much with
it.)

    Ciprian.