[syslinux] (no subject)

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:04:07 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Bill Cunningham <billcun at suddenlink.net> wrote:
>    I have just jined this list. I can't seem to boot from a USB and my BIOS
> recognizes my sandisk USB by name. I can't figure out what modules to use.
> mbr.bin and parted is one method. Then syslinux is run and a syslinux.cfg is
> needed. Is this sufficent for syslinux?
>
> LINUX bzImage //kernel image
> INITRD initrd // initial ramdisk to boot a small liinux system on a USB.

Did you set the proper partition as bootable/active?

Also, I'd recommend this (assuming the files exist):

DEFAULT linux1

LABEL linux1
  # kernel image
  LINUX bzImage
  # initial ramdisk to boot a small liinux system on a USB
  INITRD initrd

As your first proposal shouldn't parse appropriately.  Also look at
the TIMEOUT and PROMPT directives.  Note that directives are
capitalized/indented only for clarity.

--
-Gene