[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 05:13:05 PST 2014

> After that, if anyone wants to produce a test image that I can simply
> download and directly dd to a USB stick, then I will be happy to test
> that too.

To be honest, the last instructions I posted were simpler and shorter
than the rest of the tests, and even shorter than writing the emails
:).

Anyway, if you are sincerely willing to dd an image, I am willing to
prepare and upload a simple "test" image to dd to your USB device,
with the following features:

_ One FAT32 (lba) "smallish" partition.
_ Alternative MBR, with bootable code but with no "active" partition.
_ The only intention of this image should be to successfully boot
SYSLINUX 6.03-pre1 from your USB drive and then show a "hello world"
message.

Are you willing to dd such image (*not* using Windows OS) and provide
feedback?

Regards,
Ady.