[syslinux] isohybrid: slint64-14.1.iso: unable to find mac efi image

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:23:35 PDT 2014

> Hi,
>
> > I don't understand why you say "*But* the El Torito...". I don't see
> > a difference with what the mkisofs manual says.
>
> The manual announces "Mac" for Apple Mac.
> The program obviously writes Platform Id 1 in this case.
> The El Torito specs say "Platform ID 0 = 80x86 1=Power PC 2=Mac".
> In the sum this does not match.
> A bug in mkisofs would be the simplest explanation.

OK, so the "But" was not about any difference between the El Torito
specification vs. the mkisofs manual, but about the difference
between those two vs. the actual result in Didier's case.

It might be interesting to test with mkisofs 3.01a24 and using (only)
the "Mac" platform (and without any other, even without "x86") and
see the result (on such "Mac" hardware).

Even without such "Mac" hardware at hand, it might still be helpful
to test mkisofs 3.01a24 and then check the resulting ISO image.
Perhaps Didier can update his current version of mkisofs and retry
with his current scripts/receipts.

According to the subject of this email thread, we are talking about a
"mac efi" anyway, so the platform ID should not be zero, nor 1, nor
2, and the '-eltorito-alt-boot -no-emul-boot -eltorito-platform Mac'
is being misused.

Regards,
Ady.