[syslinux] isohybrid: slint64-14.1.iso: unable to find mac efi image

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Tue Jul 29 14:24:06 PDT 2014

HI,

On 29/07/2014 22:23, Ady wrote:

 > Even without such "Mac" hardware at hand, it might still be helpful
 > to test mkisofs 3.01a24 and then check the resulting ISO image.
 > Perhaps Didier can update his current version of mkisofs and retry
 > with his current scripts/receipts.

I will upgrade the cdrtools package from 3.01a17 to 3.01a24 in the
coming days and see what I come up with. If I understand well, I should
check that even with "-eltorito-platform Mac" in the mkiosfs command,
isohybrid doesn't complain any more, right?

If that works I could suggest to Parick Volkerding to upgrade the cdrtools
Slackware package in Slackware-current (upcoming Slackware release).

About mixing with Syslinux 6.03-pre19 (or newer) as suggested in your
Slackware would need changes and I am very doubtful that Patrick
will accept to do that in next Slackware release. I could try this
tentatively just for testing if that helps, but then I would need help to
make the needed changes in the SlackBuild, as a drop-in replacement of
the source tarball won't certainly suffice. FYI the current build material
for syslinux in Slackware63-14.1 is here:
http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/source/a/syslinux/

 > According to the subject of this email thread, we are talking about a
 > "mac efi" anyway, so the platform ID should not be zero, nor 1, nor
 > 2, and the '-eltorito-alt-boot -no-emul-boot -eltorito-platform Mac'
 > is being misused.

Not sure I understand well what you mean. The ISO image should be usable
on BIOS and EFI PCs as well as Macs

@ Thomas: of course isohdpfx.bin is shipped in Slackware (Patrick ships
vanilla software as much as possible), it's  in /usr/share/syslinux,
not /usr/lib/syslinux, so I just had to change the path.

Cheers, Didier