[syslinux] How to use --once? Does it work?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Jun 9 14:58:28 PDT 2014

On 06/09/2014 12:14 PM, Ady wrote:

> ... Or, it is being read but some check(sum) fails and thus
> discarded.
>
> If someone wants to catch where the source of the "--once=" problem
> is located, I'd guess this is a good starting point. Additionally,
> 5.00-pre1 to 5.00-pre7 also failed, so perhaps the correction was
> introduced for 5.00-pre8/9 but was not applied to the 6.xx branch on
> time (nor since).

Actually, it looks more like this might be the problem:

Info: Symbol __muldi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __divdi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __udivmoddi4 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __ashrdi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol dev_stdcon_w is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __moddi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __syslinux_adv_ptr is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __negdi2 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __umoddi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __lshrdi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __dtors_end is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __dtors_start is defined more than once
Info: Symbol dev_null_r is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __ashldi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __udivdi3 is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __syslinux_adv_size is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __ctors_end is defined more than once
Info: Symbol __ctors_start is defined more than once