[syslinux] PXELINUX and http?

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:24:46 PST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Virtual Xmas <luvs.christmas at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/5/2014 1:49 PM, Gene Cumm wrote:
>> Any other output on the screen?
>
> No, just boot:  in the upper left corner.  It moves by so fast that it's
> hard to tell if there's anything between the banner and the boot: before the
> screen clears.

What's your config look like? Sounds like a screen clearing is active.

>> Awesome.  So it's just with the TFTP code.  Good job on narrowing that
>> down.
>>
> I also discovered that if I remove option 209 and just leave 210, that
> lpxelinux.0 is picking up my 01-mac-address file via HTTP. Whoohoo!

209 is a "try this before normal stuff" option.

> Anything I can do to help with the TFTP bug?  That would be important to me
> in order to help with changing over from pxelinux.0.

Is there any chance you could do a packet capture on your TFTP system
or from a port mirror?  If so, look for what files get completely
transfered.

http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Debugging#PXE-Capture

--
-Gene