[syslinux] Building extlinux (Syslinux 6.03-pre11)

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:54:54 PDT 2014

On May 13, 2014 5:09 AM, "Alexey Orishko" <alexey.orishko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm building extlinux on a rather limited linux system (LFS), bios
> version (no efi).
> Unfortunately, extlinux.txt does not contain any information related
> to build procedures and dependencies.

Did you check README or doc/distrib.txt?

> python /sources/syslinux-6.03pre11/com32/cmenu/menugen.py
> --input=/sources/syslinux-6.03pre11/com32/cmenu/test2.menu
> --output=test2.c
> --template=/sources/syslinux-6.03pre11/com32/cmenu/adv_menu.tpl
> make[4]: python: Command not found
>
> What are the dependencies besides python?
> Could using python be avoided while building extlinux?

Do you plan on having any COM32 modules in your boot system?  Due to the
setup that the root Makefile does, it may be necessary to prune parts of
the Makefile temporarily.  I presume you're already using "make bios" as
the prefix to all make commands you execute?

--Gene