[syslinux] Building extlinux (Syslinux 6.03-pre11)

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Tue May 13 03:21:22 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you check README or doc/distrib.txt?

I've read all files in doc folder as well as done some google search..

>> What are the dependencies besides python?
>> Could using python be avoided while building extlinux?
>
> Do you plan on having any COM32 modules in your boot system?  Due to the
> setup that the root Makefile does, it may be necessary to prune parts of the
> Makefile temporarily.  I presume you're already using "make bios" as the
> prefix to all make commands you execute?

I don't know if I need any COM32 modules: I'm building "make bios ..",
partitioning disk as gpt and plan to boot a single linux distro:
PROMPT 1
  TIMEOUT 50
  DEFAULT xxx
  LABEL xxx
           LINUX /boot/vmlinuz-3.12.19
           APPEND root=PARTUUID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx \
                         rootfstype=ext4 rootdelay=1

I might add some options in text menu, but that's more less all of what I need.

Regards,
Alexey