[syslinux] Syslinux 6.03 released (Ady)

Spike White spikewhitetx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:17:14 PDT 2014

Ady,

This sounds interesting. I know PXE and related DHCP options
somewhat well.  But I don't recognize this.

Typically, you add PXE-related options to your DHCP server.
Either your main DHCP server, or a proxy DHCP server you stand up.

To a lesser extent, some smarter TFTP servers (like Tivoli
or Rembo) can parse vendor-encapsulated options. They take different
actions according to the option's values.

I'm not following how pxelinux parses or has support for DHCP
options.

What is this proposed feature?

Spike