[syslinux] PXE booting WinPE with UEFI architecture

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:56:22 PDT 2014

1_ Your LABEL directive is using space characters. For the LABEL
directive, either limit the label to unique one-word type-able
characters, or at least replace the space characters with
underscores.

2_ Are you sure your "bootmgr.exe" is correct? Even for a UEFI
system?

3_ Are all those files located in the same (working) directory as all
your PXELINUX files?

4_ Are you using the *latest* Syslinux 6.03-pre* version? At the
moment, the latest is 6.03-pre20 (and you should avoid using any
prior 5.xx or 6.xx version, unless specifically requested for some
test).

5_ Regarding files from Syslinux, are you using all files from the
same exact version? Are you using pre-built binaries from kernel.org?

6_ When you mention UEFI architecture, I guess you are referring to
clients only (not servers), right?

7_ Are the clients really configured for UEFI mode? Is there any
chance they could be (mis)configured for CSM?

8_ Have you tried with lpxelinux.0 instead of pxelinux.0?

9_ Are you able to successfully boot anything else (so to discard a
possible sever misconfiguration)?

The above comments (they are not really questions) most probably
won't resolve all the issues, but perhaps they might give you some
basic points to consider.

Regards,
Ady.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text,
especially the archives of mailing lists.
Q: Why is Top-posting such a bad thing?