[syslinux] EFI: HP + syslinux = crash [ brown paper bag update ]

Oscar Roozen oscar.roozen at brightcomputing.com
Wed Aug 5 12:03:03 PDT 2015

> I probably messed up in copying over libutil.c32 and libcom32.c32 along with
> the various versions of syslinux.efi.

On the other hand, there is no lib*.c32 involved in the case where it
would not start to load ldlinux.e64 due to the multinic issue. So...
How is it possible that a simple recompile with some debugging turned
on, resolved the crashing issue.

Unfortunately I can't test anymore until Friday. Maybe gnu-efi got
updated?  I seem to remember seeing a shell script pulling in the
newest version during compilation...

--

Oscar Roozen
Linux Developer