[syslinux] HP EFI binaries

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 00:52:50 PDT 2015

 More on topic, lately it seems we should always start and end all the
 emails in this Syslinux mailing list with something about updating the
 firmware before even starting troubleshooting procedures; another
 symptom showing that if a specification has 1600+ pages (and counting,
 and with enough typos / changes / errors still around) then it will
 most probably generate enough problems / misinterpretations / buggy
 implementations.

 Regards,
 Ady.

 <<<

You are right, sometimes I personally take for granted people run
updated FW before any test but it's not always the case.

These things should probably go to some WIKI page:

Before reporting a Syslinux problem please check:
1) The whole set of used Syslinux binaries correspond to the same build.
2) Your target PC is running updated FW.
3) If the target PC is EFI please provide a handle dump from EFI console:
# dh > handles.txt

I think this list would save lot of time.

Best,
Patrick