[syslinux] Correction on HOWTO Page

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:26:52 PST 2015

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list. I was just making use of syslinux, by
> following the HOWTO at this page and heading:
> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/HowTos#How_to_Create_a_Bootable_USB:_For_Linux
>
> Under that heading, where the text cites the 'syslinux/linux' directory,
> there is no syslinux executable, even after building the source code
> using the make command. There is, however, a syslinux executable under
> 'syslinux/bios/linux', and that's the one I used successfully. I hope
> I'm not missing something and making a horrible mistake.

Welcome.

The paths (might) vary, depending on the version of Syslinux being
used. Moreover, Syslinux-related packages also vary depending on
distro, so the exact location of the installers are different in each
Linux installation.

Several Linux distributions have/promote their own documentation and
auxiliary tools related to Syslinux.

For upstream official locations, see:
 http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Install

Regards,