[syslinux] extlinux installer build failed

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:41:09 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Ady via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> _ I doubt Syslinux can be successfully built in a "pure 64-bit" OS, but
> I could be wrong. I have always seen some form of "multilib" or
> "lib32-glibc" or similar as a dependency. If you succeed in building
> Syslinux in a "pure 64-bit" OS, please let us know.

I can confirm, I can build extlinux installer on a pure 64-bit linux
system - I'm using custom built LFS without multilib support.
Nasm version I was using previously was 2.11.03. While try to upgrade
a system I was tried to use latest nasm version and failed. But as was
stated, version 2.11.05 is still good for extlinux compilation.

Regards,
Alexey