[syslinux] UEFI PXE Difficulties

Paul Daniels walkabout.pd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:17:08 PST 2015

Im a long time PXE boot fan.  I use it for wimbooting windows PE, linux
images via http, and memtest mainly.

Ive got it nicely customised with my own graphics etc.

Then UEFI booting came along.  Till now ive been content simply setting
bios's to CSM mode and doing my thing....

Ive had another go at EFI PXE booting and can now get the menus and grahics
from syslinux working, but I cannot get any of my images to run.

They start to load and the system reboots.

I think im missing something basic here,  do my operating systems need a
signature registered on the computers? or should syslinux simply pass
control to the kernel?

any advice?