[syslinux] DMARC test result (research request)

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Jan 17 12:47:11 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 01:20:58PM -0500, Gene Cumm wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Patrick Masotta wrote:
> > On Sat, 2015-01-17 Geert Stappers wrote:
> > > If 1 person with a yahoo.com e-mail adres does reply on this
> > > message, then we have test result for the setting that was changed
> > > wednesday.
> >
> > test
>
> Patrick,
>
> Due to Yahoo!'s DMARC, you probably didn't see the other two tests I
> already sent as I didn't see this reply of yours in my Yahoo! account,
> both of which appeared to be Base64 encoded (though sending to my
> GMail they were not).  I do see yours is actually plain text

It is the From: header that had be rewritten by Mailman
when getting messages from domain with DMARC policy set to reject.
( example given:   yahoo.com )
The test showed it wasn't rewritten. :-(

The version of Mailman that Syslinux is using should be able to do
it. Why it doesn't, is unclear to me. ( I don't have shell access to
the involved server ) Neither I don't have the power to order further
research on what is going on.

I can only ask for further for research why Mailman is not acting
upon 'dmarc_moderation_action' settings.

@Patrick: Thank you for the good test data. Due the fact that
you Cc-ed me, I could compare what sent direct to me and what
got through the mailinglist. ( No From header munging, both
where Content-Type: 7bit )

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--