[syslinux] DMARC Considerations

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:29:13 PST 2015

Maybe this[1] page, option 3.C.  That strikes me as attractive, if only
the mailing-list software can easily support it.  (Or be hacked to
support it; I'm willing to try.)

Or, the "From" could be the mailing-list, the "Reply-To" could be the
author, then the "CC" could be the mailing-list plus original "CC"
addresses.  If someone hits the "Reply" button on their key-panel, they
reach the author.  If someone hits "Reply All", the mailing-list also
grabs it.  If someone hits "Reply List", it's because their e-mail
program is smart like that.

Ultimately, I don't think counter-measures against spoofing "From" are
going away any time soon.

- Shao Miller

[1] http://www.dmarc.org/faq.html#s_3