[syslinux] Error loading vesamenu.c32

Angel angelv64 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:12:17 PST 2015

El 18/01/15 a las 17:44, Ady escribió:

>>> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Common_Problems#Modules
>>
>> Shouldn't be enough copy modules from /user/lib/syslinux....?
>>

> 1_ Booting with Syslinux, in the Syslinux "boot:" prompt press
> "Ctrl+V" so to see relevant information. The c32 modules shall
> match the same version.

Version 6.03, I've copied vesa*.c32 version 6.03 to isolinux
directory, pwd.c32 too

> 2_ The Current Working Directory is relevant, specially for
> relative paths. The CONFIG directive is capable of changing the
> CWD. The pwd.c32 module can display the CWD in the Syslinux CLI.

Here you put me in the correct path: after launch Debian I couldn't
execute pwd.c32 because it was not found, so I tried writting the path
before the name: /Debian<bla.>/isolinux/pwd.c32, in this case the
module was found, so I've adjusted the path in the line with CONFIG
call and now runs O.K. I had to adjust some other thing no syslinux
related. Thank you very much for open mine eyes.

> 3_ Not every error regarding Syslinux-related files means that
> there is an error or a bug in Syslinux itself. Syslinux-related
> packages, their versions, and auxiliary tools, are frequently a
> source of inconveniences. User "error" is probably more frequent
> than we might think. Of course Syslinux itself has its own
> issues/bugs.
>
> 4_ Since version 5.0, Syslinux needs a core module and c32 Library
>  modules: http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Library_modules
>
> 5_ The c32 Library modules shall also match the same version of the
>  bootloader.
>
> 6_ After resolving any Syslinux-related matters, each Linux distro
>  might have its own kernel parameters related to expected file
> locations (kernel, initrd, sqfs...). This is usually an issue in
> "multiboot" scenarios.
>
> 7_ Some (ISO) images might not include the necessary conditions to
> boot from specific media. For instance (and I am _not_ referring to
> any specific distro/case):
>
> _ a "mini" ISO image might not include
> "all/every/automatic/any/some" network capabilities; or, _ some
> minimal network installation method might be only suitable for
> network installation and not for "optical/USB/other" media; or, _
> some "Live" ISO image might not be the "recommended" method to
> install the OS (even if there seems to be such option available).

I had to download a initrd to mount file systems other than iso9660

Now I have a major problem with the old laptop: after update BIOS, is
not possible to boot from any USB port, but this is other story.

> Regards,

Regards and thanks again