[syslinux] EFI and proxyDHCP: setups

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 05:00:05 PDT 2015

Patrick, I think I've been able to figure out some missing details
about your VMware Workstation tests.  For a proxyDHCP, I'm using
dnsmasq.  Could you try to confirm your test was the same basic setup?

On VMware Workstation 10 with a VMHWv10 VM set to EFI firmware for
x64, I've been able to get mixed results, depending on if a gateway is
provided.  With a VMHWv9 VM, I see what appear to be the issues you
see.

VMHWv10, NAT: Boot Service Discover (a BOOTP style request) sent to
the wrong MAC address (MAC address of gateway)

VMHWv10, Host-Only, 6.03: success

VMHWv9, NAT: Same as VMHWv10

VMHWv9, Host-Only, 6.03: Syslinux appears deaf; no ARP response, no
TFTP acknowledgement after receiving the first packet of a file
request.

VMHWv9, Host-Only, Commit 81eeaa3: Same as 6.03.

--
-Gene