[syslinux] Fail to set up UEFI syslinux on ArchLinux USB Flash Drive

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Mar 17 01:16:57 PDT 2015

alex lupu via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Ady via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So, your "root" can still be pointing to sdd2; as long as the
>> "vmlinuz-linux" and "initramfs-linux.img" files are located in sdd1
>> directly under the "EFI" directory.
>
> ​I thought about that.  Obviously it would work IF I moved the vmlinuz
> and initramfs ​files from /dev/sdd2 to /dev/sdd1.
>
> I figured that would probably be considered non-standard Arch and
> would generate a new set of enemies.

The standard solution is to have your boot partition (sdd1) mounted as
/boot in your Linux system, and then your kernel and initramfs files are
automatically put (and updated) on the right partition.  Then you can
refer to them as /vmlinuz and /initramfs from the Syslinux config (where
sdd1 is "mounted" at /).
Feri.