[syslinux] Hyper-V Gen 2 waiting for ldlinux.e64

Clements, James James.Clements at affiliate.oliverwyman.com
Wed Oct 7 15:43:12 PDT 2015

> On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 05:06:41PM -0500, Clements, James via Syslinux
> wrote:
> > > On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 06:01:30PM +0200, Geert Stappers via Syslinux
> wrote:
> > > is for BIOS, not for EFI. So that suggestion can be scraped.
> > >
> > > Which makes
> > >   * text which is on the screen of the netbooting (virtual) machine
> > >   * when/why was the network capture stopped more relevant.
> > >

> > The screen displays the following:
> >
> > PXE Network Boot using IPv4
> >    Station IP address is 192.168.205.50
> >    Server IP address is 192.168.205.1
> >    NBP filename is efi64/syslinux.efi
> >    NBP filesize is 200096 Bytes
> >    Downloading NBP file...
> >    Successfully downloaded NBP file.
> > Getting cached packet
> > My IP is 192.168.205.50
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
>
> So nothing with "disable UseDefaultAddress"
> No signs of any repeating / any loops  on the console of the booting VM.
>
> IIRC can
> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Development/Debugging#Syslinux
> _Dynamic_Debugger
> only be used after ldlinux being loaded ...

Nope, nothing like that. I'm not really sure how to proceed, but I notice on your IRC channel that you advertise a 'devel 6.04-preN' verion. Is it worth me trying that?

Thanks,

James

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.