[syslinux] syslinux64.efi boot problems

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 8 17:12:13 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I've been trying to boot some new machines via uEFI and it does not work, as you can see below. From my hunting around on the mailing list, there may have been a bunch of fixes that have been committed that have some bearing on uEFI, and even some on the mailing list that appear to be aimed at solving similar problems. However, I can't manage to build a new one based on the repository. Is there a newer-than-6.03 SYSLINUX64 EFI binary sitting around somewhere, or can someone point me to build directions?

Thanks! See output below.

>>Start PXE over IPv4.
  Station IP address is 10.0.81.200

  Server IP address is 10.0.81.101
  NBP filename is /warewulf/syslinux64.efi
  NBP filesize is 199952 Bytes
 Downloading NBP file...

  Succeed to download NBP file.

 Downloading NBP file...

  Succeed to download NBP file.
Getting cached packet
My IP is 0.0.0.0
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping

...this continues forever.

--
____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
 ||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
 || \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
 ||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
      `'